Looking for a creamy and indulgent twist on a classic walnut smoothie? Look no further than this delicious walnut smoothie recipe! Made with walnuts, vanilla frozen yogurt, and a touch of maple syrup, this smoothie is a decadent treat that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
Walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation and support heart health. Plus, they add a delicious nutty flavor to this creamy and satisfying smoothie.
So grab your blender and get ready to whip up this tasty and nutritious treat!
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
What should you not mix in a smoothie?
While smoothies can be a healthy and delicious way to get a variety of nutrients, there are a few things that you should avoid mixing together to ensure that your smoothie is easy to digest and doesn’t lead to any unpleasant reactions. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t mix too many different types of fruit in one smoothie. While it can be tempting to throw in every type of fruit you have on hand, this can actually make your smoothie harder to digest and may lead to bloating or other digestive issues.
- Don’t mix dairy and acidic fruits. Dairy products like milk and yogurt can curdle when mixed with acidic fruits like citrus, pineapple, or kiwi. To avoid this, stick to either dairy or acidic fruits in your smoothie, but not both.
- Avoid mixing incompatible flavors. Some ingredients just don’t pair well together in terms of taste. For example, mixing strong-flavored veggies like kale or spinach with sweet fruits like bananas or mangoes can create an unappetizing flavor combination.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can create a delicious and nutritious smoothie that is easy to digest and free from unpleasant side effects.
How to make walnut smoothie recipe
This creamy and delicious walnut smoothie recipe makes enough for three servings. To make the smoothie, simply place vanilla frozen yogurt (or maple walnut ice cream for an extra nutty flavor), milk, walnuts, vanilla extract and maple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into cups and garnish with some crushed walnuts.
Enjoy this tasty and satisfying smoothie as a snack or a dessert, and savor the rich and nutty flavors of walnuts paired with the sweetness of vanilla and maple syrup.
Nuts that go well in smoothies
Nuts are a great addition to smoothies for their delicious taste and nutritional benefits. Here are five nuts that go well in smoothies:
- Walnuts: have a mild, nutty flavor that pairs well with fruits. Try adding some fruit in your walnut smoothie next time for a different variation!
- Almonds: are packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats and have a slightly sweet and nutty flavor.
- Cashews: have a creamy and buttery flavor that adds richness to smoothies.
- Pistachios: have a distinct flavor and a vibrant green color that can make your smoothie visually appealing.
- Hazelnuts: have a rich, nutty flavor that pairs well with chocolate and coffee. Adding nuts to your smoothie is an easy way to enhance the taste, texture, and nutrition of your drink.
Loved this walnut smoothie? Try these smoothie recipes
If you love quick breakfast ideas and smoothies then you have try these recipes. Smoothies are a great way to start your day, refuel after a workout, or enjoy as a refreshing snack. Plus, they are easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences and nutritional needs. Here are some ideas for smoothies that you can try at home.
- Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
The combination of walnuts and frozen yogurt creates a rich and creamy texture that is sure to please, while also providing a boost of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients. So why not treat yourself to this delicious and nutritious smoothie today?
- 2 cups of vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Crushed walnuts to garnish
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups and garnish with walnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamilton Beach Power Elite Wave Action Blender-for Shakes and Smoothies, Puree, Crush Ice, 40 Oz Glass Jar, 12 Functions, Stainless Steel Ice Sabre-Blades, Black (58148A)
365 by Whole Foods Market, Milk Whole, 128 Fl Oz
365 by Whole Foods Market, Syrup Maple Dark Amber Grade A Organic, 12 Fl Oz
Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream, Vanilla Bean, 14 oz (Frozen)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly California Walnuts, Halves and Pieces, 40 Ounce
Amount Per Serving Calories 372Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 52mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 36gProtein 10g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.