Ready for an easy appetizer? Try these strawberry caprese skewers! They are super easy to make and are an upgraded version of a traditional caprese salad. This variation uses sweet strawberries instead of tomatoes, and the flavor pairing with a balsamic glaze and fresh basil is delicious.
To prepare this appetizer, you will need fresh small strawberries that are washed and cut in half across the width. Fresh basil leaves and mini mozzarella balls round out the skewer while balsamic vinegar becomes the glaze.
To get started, thread the strawberry onto a wooden skewer followed by a folded basil leaf. Add a mini mozzarella ball. Repeat until the skewer is full.
Once you have arranged the completed caprese skewers on a platter, you can prepare the glaze. Add balsamic vinegar to a small pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir frequently until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of the original volume.
Once the glaze is finished, drizzle over the skewers. Add a splash of olive oil if desired. Enjoy!
- 16 fresh, small strawberries, washed and cut in half across the width
- 32 medium fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 16 mini-Mozzarella balls
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp high-quality extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Add the bottom part of the strawberry to the skewer followed by a folded basil leaf. Add a mozzarella ball followed by another basil leaf. Add the top of the strawberry. Repeat on another skewer.
- Once you have made 16 skewers, set aside on a platter.
- Prepare the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook while stirring frequently. Once the vinegar has reduced to about 1.3 of its volume, it is ready.
- Remove the glaze from heat and drizzle onto each skewer. Feel free to add a splash of olive oil as well to each skewer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 22mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 6g